If you’ve been involved in an accident, please call us immediately on 03450 348 647 and choose option 1, then option 4.
Even if you don’t make a claim, it’s vital you report an accident to us straight away. One of our friendly team members will be ready to help you.
What do you need to do now?
- You must stop. It’s a serious offence not to do so. If anyone is injured, you must report the accident to the police as soon as you can – certainly within 24 hours.
- Switch your vehicle off, turn your hazard lights on and get out of your car safely. Stand a safe distance away from your car and the road. Make sure your vehicle is moved to a position of safety, and is protected from further damage.
- Do not admit blame or liability for an accident or offer to pay for any damage. Please tell us if any other person admits blame.
- If anyone is injured or property, including another car, is damaged you must give your name and address to anyone involved in the accident, together with details of your car and your insurers.
- Collect the names, addresses and phone numbers of any drivers, passengers, pedestrians or cyclists involved – as well as the details of any witnesses and police officers if they attend the scene. Drivers involved in an accident are legally obliged to provide details of their insurance company and their policy number.
- Take photos or draw a diagram of the accident scene as soon as possible after the accident, showing the vehicles, the road layout, and any other relevant features including the positions of any witnesses.
Collecting info and reporting accidents quickly is really important. It helps to ensure accuracy about the incident and may protect you from false claims and increased costs.
You’ll soon receive an email from our damages team to advise you of the next steps regarding the repair of your vehicle, and any costs that may be applicable.
We can offer a courtesy car
If you’re involved in an accident, we can offer you a courtesy car.
For more information, you can read our courtesy car terms and conditions.
Can’t find what you need?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03450 348 647. We'll be happy to help!