If you’ve noticed some damage to your car, we’ll do our best to help you fix things quickly.
Please let us know about any damage as soon as possible by taking the following steps:
- Open the Onto app.
- Go to the ‘Damage’ section.
- Tell us about the damage and upload a clear photo.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
Have you been involved in an accident?
Please call us straight away on 03450 348 647 and select Option 1, then Option 3.
Make sure you take photos of any damage caused by the accident (including to other vehicles or property) so you can upload evidence when you submit your damage report (as explained above).
What happens next?
Once you’ve submitted your Damage report, our Damages team will assess the situation and decide what steps need to be taken. We’ll get in touch with you to discuss what happens next.
What damage repairs we cover
- We’ll happily cover the cost of any repairs to damage resulting from fair wear and tear, or manufacturing faults.
- We’ll ask you to pay for any repairs to damage that’s been caused by car misuse. If the repair cost is less than your excess (see below), we’ll refund you the difference.
- There are no hidden charges or extra fees.
- There’s no limit to how many times you can report damage.
Please note that if the damage has been caused by gross negligence, misuse or you haven’t fully reported an insurance incident, we may charge you the total cost of the repairs. For more details, take a look at our terms and conditions.
What is excess and how much do you pay?
The excess is the amount that you have to pay when you make a claim.
Standard excess for Onto members is £1000. If you want to reduce your excess to £350, you can add our Reduced Damage Excess bolt-on. Just note that existing Onto members can only add the bolt-on when swapping cars.
Can you get a courtesy car?
If the repairs are going to take a while, we’ll look to keep you on the road with a courtesy or replacement car.