We never like to say goodbye to our members. But if you would like to cancel your Onto subscription, it’s simple to do so via our website or app.
Cancelling on our website
- Make sure you're logged in and go to My account.
- Click the red ‘Arrange car return’ button – as shown below.
- A message will pop up showing details of your subscription end date. Click ‘ Yes’ if you’re sure you want to cancel your subscription – as shown below.
- We’ll ask you a few questions about your reasons for cancelling, as well as the date and time you want to return the vehicle. Then you just need to confirm for a final time that you want to cancel – as shown below.
Cancelling in our app
- When you’re reaching the end of a contract, you’ll receive the below pop-up in the app, asking if you want to keep or return your car. If you want to cancel your subscription, click the ‘Initiate car return’ button.
- You will be directed to our website, where you can follow the same process that’s outlined in the ‘Cancelling on our website’ section of this article above.
Does it cost to cancel?
At the end of your subscription, you only have to pay the collection fee of £99.50.
If upon inspection of the car we find damage that’s not simply wear and tear, we may charge you.
What happens to unused Onto mileage credit?
Any unused miles from your monthly allowance and bolt-on packages that you’ve purchased will remain in your account as mileage credit.
You can use this mileage credit when you take out a subscription with us in the future as long as:
- It’s less than one year since the mileage credit was added to your account. That’s because the credit expires after 12 months.
- You choose a car that’s from the same tier as the one you had when you received the mileage credit. For example, if you got your mileage credit when you were driving a Tier 1 Car (eg a Renault Zoe), you won’t be able to use the mileage credits if you swap to another tier (eg a Tesla Model S, which is Tier 4).
What happens to unused Onto reward points?
- If you cancel your subscription, your reward points will stay in your account for 12 months or until the date when your points expire (whichever date comes first).
- If you start your subscription again, you will be able to use your existing points.
- While you don’t have an active Onto subscription, you will not earn any new points.