When you sign up to Onto, it's important to check you meet our eligibility and qualification criteria.
We will take your first payment before we've completed our checks. So if it turns out you're not eligible to drive with Onto, we will then give you a refund.
Depending on your bank's processing time, it can take anywhere from 5-10 business days for the refund to show in your bank account.
To be eligible for our service, you must be:
- 25 to 85 years old (30 to 85 for our premium cars).
- A full UK or EU Driving licence holder for at least 1 year.
- A UK resident for at least 1 year.
You must not have:
- Received 6+ penalty points during the last 3 years.
- Been banned from driving within the last 5 years.
- More than 1 fault claim within the last 3 years.
- Been refused motor vehicle insurance previously.
- Any disability or condition that the DVLA aren’t aware of.
- Been convicted during the last 5 years of any offence/s that resulted in more than 6 penalty points on your licence, a loss of licence or suspension or ban from driving (includes pending prosecutions).
You need to pass an affordability check
The check is carried out by a regulated third-party credit reference agency, Equifax. They check your affordability status by searching for any history of county court judgments (CCJs), bankruptcies, insolvencies, or credit searches by debt collection agents.
This check does not affect your credit rating, but there will be a record of the search.
We don’t hold specific information about your affordability background check results. If you want to learn more about your record, please contact GBG.
You must not use an Onto car for:
- Any commercial gain, business or occupation outside of travel to and from a place of permanent employment, occasional other journeys to employment meetings that are not intended for direct personal gain or use for social, domestic or pleasure.
Hopefully you meet these requirements and will be driving an Onto car very soon! However, satisfying the criteria above doesn’t automatically mean you can drive with us:
- Acceptance of your application is subject to approval by our team at its sole discretion.
- An application may be denied by us and our insurance providers, based on additional criteria established from time to time.
- You may be restricted from driving certain Onto cars, depending on your history and experience.
- We reserve the right to terminate membership without notice for any breach under the qualification criteria and/or any other term.
- You must accurately, truthfully and fully complete the application process and deliver all information and documents required under the application process.
- You must accurately, truthfully and fully inform us of any changes that are relevant to the criteria listed above or of any other reason that might affect qualification at any time after the start of services.
Can't find what you need?
Send us an email at email@example.com or call us on 03450 348 647. We'll be happy to help!