Pre-authorising your payments
When you choose to stay with Onto, we take a subscription payment from you on the same date every month. It’s easy to remember when this is, because it’s always the same date as your delivery date.
We will pre-authorise your next subscription payment 7 days before it is due.
What is pre-authorisation?
Pre-authorisation is a way for us to check that your payment method is still valid, and that you have sufficient funds available to cover the cost of your next subscription payment.
- Pre-authorisation is an automated process.
- It doesn’t cost you anything.
- It will appear as a pending transaction in your bank account.
- No money will leave your bank account until your payment date.
What happens if pre-authorisation fails?
- If we can’t confirm your payment method is valid or you have insufficient funds, our Customer Service team will be notified.
- We will attempt to pre-authorise your payment again.
- If we still can’t pre-authorise your payment 3 days before it’s due, we’ll email you and try to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.
Please note that we may refuse service and collect your car after your active hire agreement ends if:
- We don’t hear from you after a period of time and we can’t pre-authorise your payment.
- You fail pre-authorisation repeatedly over the course of several months.
Hopefully it won’t come to this, and you can continue to enjoy driving your favourite electric cars with Onto!