The Onto app comes with a range of helpful features:
- You can lock, unlock and start your car with the app’s digital key (see more info below about downloading your key).
- Check your car’s charge level, location and how many miles you have left.
- Add bolt-ons including additional mileage and extra drivers.
Watch our quick video to see how the app works!
Depending on the car you book, there are other features you may be able to access through our app, such as pre-heating, opening the charge flap and opening the bonnet.
If you book a Tesla, you will also be able to access most features from the Tesla app through our app.
Unlocking and driving your car
If you want to drive your car, you have to start it within 60 seconds of unlocking. This is for security reasons. If you unlocked it and over 60 seconds have passed, you will need to lock and unlock the car again before you can start the engine.
How to download your app’s digital key
The key in your app needs to be downloaded before you can use it. You’ll find it’s quick and simple to do this:
- Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- Open the app and your key will download automatically.
- For safety reasons, the key download lasts for 24 hours.
- If you use your car regularly, we recommend you open the app and download your key every day (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network).
A new key is issued in the app at the start of each new contract month. You just need to download it in order to keep using the app.
It’s good to use your app key regularly
Using the app key for locking, unlocking and starting the car helps to keep your mileage tracker up to date. Therefore even if you prefer using your physical key, we recommend you try to use your app key every now and then.