Looking to add a friend or family member to your subscription? You’ll be glad to know it’s simple to register an additional driver with Onto.
- You can add up to 3 named drivers.
- Each driver has to meet our qualification criteria.
- They’ll enjoy the same features, benefits and cover as you.
How to add a driver
Your additional driver needs to go to our website and complete the following steps:
- Click the ‘Join’ button in the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘Join existing account’ button – as shown below.
- Enter the email address your Main driver uses for their Onto subscription and click ‘Join account’. It’s important you get this email exactly right, otherwise your request may not work.
- Check you meet our eligibility criteria and click ‘Confirm’ to progress – as shown below.
- Enter your email and a password and click ‘Create account’.
- Enter your name and mobile number and click ‘Save & Continue’.
- Upload an image of your driving licence – you can see an example below.
- Upload a selfie of you holding your driving licence – you can see an example below.
- Review your details and click ‘Send join request’.
What happens next?
Once we’ve approved the application and the subscription is live (or all payments towards an upcoming subscription have been made), you will receive an email from us asking if you want to add this person to your account.
As soon as we’ve confirmed that the person meets our qualification criteria and you’ve accepted their request, they can drive the car.
Does it cost to add a driver?
Yes, there is a monthly fee of £9.99 for one named driver or £14.99 for up to three named drivers. This cost will be added to your monthly charge.
Can't find what you need?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03450 348 647. We'll be happy to help!