If you’ve noticed some damage to your car, we’ll do our best to help you fix things quickly.
You should call Driverline on 03450 348 647 as soon as possible for any of the following:
An accident involving any third party
A puncture/flat tyre
A glass chip or crack
Once you have called Driverline or if you don't need to call them, you can use the Damage section of the Onto app to send us some images of the Damage by doing the following:
- Open the Onto app.
- Go to the ‘Damage’ section.
- Tell us about the damage and upload a clear photo.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
You do not need to send images of punctures/flat tyres or chipped/cracked glass. Calling Driverline will get you booked in for a repair, and get you back on the road as soon as possible.
What happens next?
Once you’ve submitted your Damage report, our team will assess the situation and decide what steps need to be taken. We’ll get in touch with you to discuss what happens next.
What damage repairs we cover
- We’ll happily cover the cost of any repairs to damage resulting from fair wear and tear, or manufacturing faults. Depending on the damage, this might be completed when you return your car.
- We’ll ask you to pay for any repairs to damage that’s outside of the fair wear and tear policy. If the repair cost is less than your excess (see below), we’ll refund you the difference.
- There is a £15.00 admin fee for all damage invoices.
- There’s no limit to how many times you can report damage.
Please note that if the damage has been caused by gross negligence, misuse or you haven’t fully reported an insurance incident, we may charge you the total cost of the repairs. For more details, take a look at our terms and conditions.
What is excess and how much do you pay?
The excess is the amount that you have to pay when you make a claim.
The standard excess for Onto members is £1000. If you want to reduce your excess to £650,£350 or Zero you can add our Reduced
Damage Excess bolt-on. Just note that existing Onto members can only add the bolt-on when swapping cars.
Any repairs needed due to car misuse are considered damage. We do not profit from any repairs, you will pay the cost of repair, and
if it is under your excess, we will refund you the difference. There are no hidden charges or extra fees.
We're partnering with specialised refurbishment companies and thus have access to industry rates, meaning we achieve
appreciatively 50% lower pricing and pass the savings on to you. Here are our typical repair costs (please note these are estimates
and may vary depending on the car model):
Can you get a courtesy car?
If the repairs are going to take a while, we’ll look to keep you on the road with a courtesy or replacement car.